Last Updated: 18 Jan 2017
The 5 standing DSMA-Notices are as follows. Click the relevant button to see each DSMA-Notice:
DSMA-Notice 01: Military Operations, Plans & Capabilities
Purpose. This Notice aims to prevent the inadvertent disclosure of information which would improve an adversary’s knowledge and understanding of the UK’s military plans, current operations and capabilities. Such disclosure could improve an adversary’s knowledge in ways which could put UK forces at a disadvantage. At a minimum, this would increase the risk to UK personnel and undermine the effectiveness of UK operations. In more acute cases, this could lead to the loss of UK lives and endanger national security.
Editors and Journalists. Editors and journalists are requested to seek advice from the DSMA Secretary before publicly disclosing material which may affect the purpose of this Notice. Such material is likely to include (but is not limited to) information which covers the following topics:
• Current and future operations, methods, tactics and contingency planning.
• Readiness states and capabilities of military units engaged in or about to be committed to operations.
• Operational movements.
• Details of current tactics, trials, techniques and training.
• Details of developments in tactics, trials, techniques and training.
• Counter-terrorist measures adopted by military units.
• Counter-terrorist measures taken by military units and security personnel employed at installations.